Wearing Your Jewellery
Fashion Jewellery is designed to last for many years to come but all precious jewellery will naturally tarnish and look dull if proper care have not been taken. Always protect your jewellery from knocks, scratches, chemicals, sunlight and heat/cold to minimize these effects.
- Remove jewellery when showering or bathing. This is particularly important when on the beach, in the sea and in chlorinated water.
- Avoid wearing jewellery when doing physical work such as housekeeping, gardening or exercise.
- Never expose jewellery to household cleaning products, especially bleach and highly reactive solutions.
- Avoid spraying perfume, hairspray on the gemstones or pearls as it jeopardizes the integrity of the material.
- Remove jewellery when applying make-up, creams to avoid the residue getting into the texture or gemstone setting.
Any residue dulls the shine of your ring.
- Keep away from extreme temperatures and humidity.
General Jewellery Cleaning
Using a soft, lint free cloth is an effective way to keep silver, yellow and rose gold jewellery looking shiny and lustrous. Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean metal as they can cause scratching.